January 27 – 31, 2019
Vancouver Convention Center East, Vancouver BC
1. Booth in the Innovation Hub
BRIMM will be exhibiting at the 2019 Roundup Convention in the Innovation Hub, with free wifi!
Each day, BRIMM will feature different researchers:
Monday January 28– UBC’s Carbon capture, utilization and sequestration (CCUS) team will be at the booth to discuss their mine tailings research.
Tuesday January 29 – Norman B. Keevil Institute of Mining Engineering will discuss ongoing research and their new Graduate Certificate in Global Mine Waste Management.
Wednesday January 30– Hydrometallurgy Group; topics include using sea water instead of fresh water for copper leaching, non-cyanide gold leaching processes and understanding arsenic release kinetics.
Thursday January 31– Mineral Deposits Research Unit (MDRU); topics include their Porphyry Indicator Minerals (PIMS) project and research on new Fertility and Footprint Exploration Methods.
2. Tuesday January 29 – Technical Session: Additions to the Geoscience Toolbox
BRIMM Director Greg Dipple will be presenting at 2:45pm on Tuesday January 29 during the Additions to the Geoscience Toolbox technical session. Greg will be discussing his research on carbon sequestration in ultramafic mine tailings and the opportunities avaliable for BC.
3. Wednesday January 30 – Innovation Hub Presentations
Presentations start at 9:30am and BRIMM is scheduled to present at 12:30pm. We will have four speakers to help provide a full overview of BRIMM future research and partnership oppurtunities.
- Greg Dipple – BRIMM Introduction and update on the CCUS projects
- Wenying Liu – Overview of Hydrometallurgy group research initiatives at UBC
- Santiago Seiler – Presenting research from NBK Mining Engineering
- Julie Hunt – Introducing the Geometallurgy Initiative under MDRU and BRIMM
More information available here.
4. Sunday Night Social
MDRU and BRIMM are hosting a Sunday Night Social on January 27th, 2019. This event is by invitation only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to our contact list.